Privacy & Cookies Policy
We at The Gavin Glynn Foundation Foundation respect your privacy and comply with our obligations under the:
- The Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003
- General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR) – Implementation Date 25.05.18
The Gavin Glynn Foundation is committed to protecting the privacy of users of this website. We are aware that as a user of this website you care about the security and privacy of your information.
Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information from visitors to our website:
- Personal Data: This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us, for example, through our ‘Contact Us’ email facility or by completing one of our online forms.
- Non-Personal Data: Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our site. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Site.
Purposes for which we hold your information
- Non-Personal Data: We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- Cookies: a Cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for Cookies.
You may opt to view the site without cookies by adjusting your browser’s settings. If you do disable cookies some functions of the site may no longer work correctly.
If you would like to prevent cookies from being set by this site, or any other, the following links will assist in that aim:
How to change your cookie settings in Internet Explorer
How to change your cookie settings in Google Chrome
Safari (OS X)
How to change your cookie settings in Safari (OS X)
How to change your cookie settings in Safari (iOS)
How to change your cookie settings in Android
- For more information on cookies see the All About Cookies website.
To make a donation:
In order to make a donation to The Gavin Glynn Foundation use Idonate as their online donations partner.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. The information you provide when interacting with our website will be kept securely and used by The Gavin Glynn Foundation in order to make your interaction with the foundation possible.
Your information will only be shared with selected third party service providers, contracted by The Gavin Glynn Foundation to assist with our campaigns. Your information will not be shared with any other organisation, other than with your permission, or where required by law.
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you give us. Agents or contractors of The Gavin Glynn Foundation who have access to information you give us in the course of providing services to us are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services which they are performing for us.
Security of information
We have technical and organisational measures in place to protect Personal Data from unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, change, disclosure, acquisition or access. Personal Data are held securely using a range of security measures including restricted access through approvals and passwords.
What we will do with your information
Any information that is collected by The Gavin Glynn Foundation from this website will only be used for monitoring purposes unless you have given us consent for your information to be used e.g. Providing us with your email address so we can contact you, if you have registered as a regular site user, if you have registered for an event so that we can get back to you.
We may, from time to time, send you relevant information about The Gavin Glynn Foundation and its work, although there will be an option for you to opt out of this at the any stage.
We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the complies with the requirements of the relevant Irish legislation, namely the:
Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003
General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR) – Implementation Date 25.05.18
The data controller is The Gavin Glynn Foundation If you have any queries regarding this please contact us.
Individual Data Subject Rights
Data Protection Law provides certain rights in favour of data subjects. The rights in question are as follows (the “Data Subject Rights”):
(a) The right of a data subject to receive detailed information on the processing (by virtue of the transparency obligations on the Controller);
(b) The right of access to Personal Data;
(c) The right to rectify or erase Personal Data (right to be forgotten);
(d) The right to restrict Processing;
(e) The right of data portability;
(f) The right of objection; and
(g) The right to object to automated decision making, including profiling, and where The Gavin Glynn Foundation relies on its legitimate interests to Process your data (including for marketing purposes).
These Data Subject Rights will be exercisable by you subject to limitations as provided for under Data Protection Law. You may make a request to The Gavin Glynn Foundation to exercise any of the Data Subject Rights by contacting The Gavin Glynn Foundation on firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to information
Any formal, written request by a Data Subject for a copy of their personal data (a Subject Access Request) will be referred, as soon as possible, to The Gavin Glynn Foundation and will be processed as soon as possible.
It is intended that by complying with these guidelines, The Gavin Glynn Foundation will adhere to best practice regarding the applicable GDPR & Data Protection legislation.
- When you subscribe to The Gavin Glynn Foundation Mailing List, your email address is never shared with any third parties, and you can unsubscribe by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
- Visit dataprotection.ie for further information
The Gavin Glynn Foundation
Thank you for continued support.
This Privacy Statement will be the subject of change and will be updated on our website.
Last updated May 2018